We believe that kids matter to God
We have created a safe and fun filled environment where kids can learn about Jesus and grow in their faith. Our first and highest priority is every child’s safety.
- Every volunteer submits to a thorough background check.
- We train and orient volunteers about safety and security protocols.
- Multiple security volunteers are stationed in the building.
- A copy of our child protection policy can be downloaded here.
And another huge priority for us is fun! So we pour ourselves into the task of creating experiences and teaching lessons your child will talk about on the ride home.
On Your First Visit
When you arrive at Shores Community, please park right up front, as our special guests! If you have kids, enter the main entrance and our staff and volunteers will meet you at the door. They will show you the way to our children’s area, where we will take down your basic information and learn a little about your children. We’ll ask about allergies and special needs, then show you the classroom where your kids will be learning.
After they’re all checked in, just make your way to the sanctuary where our greeting team will meet you at the doors and offer you a bulletin, help you find the coffee, and make sure you find a seat. If there is any issue that needs your attention, the kids volunteers will send you a text or find you discreetly during the worship service.
What We Offer
All children are welcome to attend the service and participate in worship if they choose. There are also private areas designated for nursing mothers and a calm down area for energetic kids.
- Age appropriate classes for children up to 5th grade.
- Nursery for children up to 4 years old.
- Children’s church for children Preschool through 3rd grade (dismisses during the service).
- Kids age 4 though 5th grades
- Awana reaches kids for Christ through fun, Scripture-rich experiences that lead them to know, love and serve Him.
The Ride Home
On your way home, be sure to ask your child questions like, “Did you have fun?” and “What did you learn today?” It’s our goal that every child has a positive answer to these two questions, every week!
We have fun! We learn about Jesus. We get to know each other. And we always keep in mind that the church is here to help parents, not replace them. Your kids are going to love it at Shores Community, and Shores Community is going to love your kids!