Shores Community Church Lead Pastor Job PostingJob Description. Affirmation of Faith. Application
Lead Pastor, Shores Community Church
God has blessed Shores Community Church with significant growth. Over the past few years our congregation has grown by 300%, 85% of our congregation is involved in small groups, and our giving is consistently over budget. We currently are exploring opportunities to expand our ministry, including an offer to adopt a historic local church as our second campus. As the next step in our growth we are looking for a dynamic experienced Lead Pastor to oversee every aspect of our church. The Lead Pastor will be responsible for the management of all church staff, including our current Pastor, who is stepping into a new role as Teaching Pastor. The Lead Pastor will set goals for staff to accomplish the church’s mission and vision set forth by the Board of Elders. He will support, coach, and assess staff, implement processes to optimize operational capabilities, strive to expand and unify the church, and manage resources effectively. He will ensure members of different ages and from diverse backgrounds are served effectively. He will also be called on to preach and teach when the need arises.
To ensure success in this role he will need to perform a wide range of duties in a manner that reflects his spiritual condition and beliefs. Ideal applicants are inspiring experienced capable leaders, demonstrate a loving heart for their flock, are spiritually mature, and organized.
Lead Pastor Responsibilities
- Church Vision, in conjunction with the Elder Board and Teaching Pastor
- Overseeing church operations.
- Leading, overseeing, developing and having regular meetings with staff.
- Mentoring all staff.
- Guiding and developing volunteer ministry leaders.
- Collaborating with church leadership on the implementation of the mission and vision of the church.
- Overseeing human resources operations, collaborating with the Elders to hire, reposition, transition, and dismiss staff.
- Overseeing strategic planning.
- Working with the Deacon of Finance to create an annual budget.
- Overseeing financial, budget, and fundraising operations.
- Assisting staff to manage ministry budgets.
- Managing marketing, social media accounts and other communications.
- Reviewing, creating, and implementing policies and procedures to ensure the effective operation of the church.
- Preaching around 10-20 Sundays per year.
Lead Pastor Requirements
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Spiritually mature.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- An ordained Pastor, or the desire to become ordained.
- Masters of Divinity degree (preferred).
- 10+ years of relevant ministry experience, particularly at a growing church
- Proficient with software found in the modern church, such as Planning Center Online, QuickBooks, MS Office Suites, and social media (preferred).
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong people skills, particularly as a team builder.
- Proficient multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to preach and teach
- Spirit-filled (Acts 6:3)
- Demonstrate Biblical wisdom (Ephesians 1:16-17, Proverbs 8:14-16)
- Conversations are full of grace and truth (Ephesians 4:15)
- Skilled at a rebuke and reproof (2 Timothy 4:2)
- A person of prayer (Colossians 4:2)
- Team building (1 Corinthians 12:17-20, Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Forgiving and kind (Ephesians 4:32)
- Shepherd to God’s flock (1 Peter 5:2-4)
- Good at handling criticism (Proverbs 15:31-33)
- Demonstrate professionalism and poise (Titus 1:6-9)
Shores Community Church Affirmation of Faith
Before applying, please be certain you read and agree with our affirmation of faith.
THE WORD OF GOD
We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; that these are equal in every divine perfection, and that they execute distinct, but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence, and redemption.
GOD THE FATHER
We believe in God the Father, an infinite personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of each person, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth.
THE HOLY SPIRIT
We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment and to regenerate, sanctify and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide.
We believe that all people are sinners by nature and by choice and are, therefore, under condemnation. We believe that those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has committed two ordinances to the local church: baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water into the name of the triune God. We believe that the Lord’s Supper was instituted by Christ for commemoration of His death. We believe that these two ordinances should be observed and administered until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe in the universal church; a living spiritual body of which Christ in the head and all regenerated persons are members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, work, and fellowship. We believe that God has laid upon the members of the local church the primary task of giving the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
We believe that Christians should live for the glory of God and the well-being of others; that their conductshould be blameless before the world; that they should be faithful stewards of their possessions and that they should seek to realize for themselves and others the full stature of maturity in Christ.
We believe that every human being has direct relations with God and is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that each church is independent and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical of political authority; that therefore the Church and State must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from dictation or patronage of the other.
We believe that local churches can best promote the cause of Jesus Christ by cooperating with one another in an association of churches. Such an organization, whether it is Converge Worldwide (Baptist General Conference) or one of its regional districts, exists and functions by the will of the Churches. Cooperation in a conference is voluntary and may be terminated at any time. Church may likewise cooperate with inter-denominational fellowships on a voluntary basis.
THE LAST THINGS
We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal felicity of the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked.
MARRIAGE AND SEXUALITY
We believe that marriage is a God-ordained relationship between a biological man and a biological woman and is the foundational unit of a stable society. We believe that any practice of sexuality outside this marriage bond is offensive to God.
We believe that God creates each person as male or female and that these distinct, complimentary genders together reflect God’s design for humanity. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of God’s created design for that person.
FINAL AUTHORITY FOR MATTER OF BELIEF AND CONDUCT
THE AFFIRMATION OF FAITH does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the infallible, inspired Word of God that speaks the final authority concerning truth, morality, and proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purposes of Shores Community Church’s faith, doctrine, practice and discipline, our Elder Board is the Church’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.